2018 CVC Athlete Guide with all Details and Wave times Click Here
Pre-Race Check in Policies:
- All athletes must attend ONE pre-race check-in to pick up their race materials (FRI or SAT). Athletes who do not or can't attend FRI OR SAT (and have not selected the VIP Option - more info below) will be required to pay a $10 late fee on race morning in order to pick up packet materials.
- It is mandatory for all athletes to bring their ID to the pre-race check in. We will not give any athlete their bib number without an ID.
- You must sign waiver(s) to get race materials. Print waiver here.
- You will also be required to show proof of USAT annual membership or purchase a one day membership (if you haven't already purchased a one day with us through registration).
- Friends and family members will NOT be allowed to pick up for an athlete. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS. These events are USAT sanctioned and USAT doesn't allow anyone besides the participant to pick up race materials.
- Bib number look up - You may look up your bib number here.
Youth PRERACE Clinic: Sunday, August 5, 2018, 8am -10am, Bayside Park, Chula Vista, CA
VIP Option: For a fee of $30 - your race numbers, swim cap, timing chip, and t-shirt will be ready for you to pick-up on race morning. You DO NOT have to attend the expo or packet pick up. You will check-in on race morning at the VIP check-in table. You will then continue on to the transition zone to be body marked. Please plan your time accordingly and arrive early. VIP athletes will have a reserved bike rack marked with their name in the transition area.
VIP entries must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to race day. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Race Day Parking: Parking is available at the Bayside Park lot and nearby side streets. Please follow all posted and event day signage. It is recommended that you exit the 5 freeway at J St or H st heading West. Continue straight through the light. onto Marina Parkway. Left on Sand Piper Way, Left on Bayside Parkway, right on Quay Ave. There are two participant lots on Quay and plenty of street parking.
Triathlon & Duathlon
7-8 (Itsy Bitsy distance)
9-10 (Itsy Bitsy distance)
11-12 (Mini distance)
13-15 (Mini & Sprint distances)
16-99 (Mini distance)
Special Divisions Include: (Triathlon Only)
Elite/Pro (Half & Int. Triathlon Only)
Challenged (Triathlon Only)
Duo (Top 3 Overall Only - Triathlon Only)
Military (Triathlon Only)
Clydesdale (>220 lb)
Clydesdale 40+ (>220 lb)
Athena (>165 lb)
Athena 40+ (>165 lb)
Relay Teams: (for triathlon only)
Men, Women, Mixed, Mixed 120+
Top 3 Male & Female
49 & Under
50 & Over
Routes Changes: The race course and timeline can be changed at the discretion of the race organization. All distances are approximate by GPS measurements.The race can be altered, postponed or cancelled with no refunds due to weather, natural disturbances, police activity, acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism.
Refund Policy: Due to the number of race transfer requests and cancellations that occur in the weeks prior to a race we have the following policy that is in accordance with USAT Policy. Refunds will NOT be issued after a registration has taken place. Considerable effort goes into producing an event and funds are expended and applied in good faith based on a registration. If you would like to change your registration from one distance to another, you will be charged for the difference in price at the time of the change