Challenged Athletes Foundation's (CAF)
Raise $600 and Compete for FREE
The Chula Vista Challenge is proud to support Challenged Athletes Foundation's® (CAF) Operation Rebound® .
Challenged Athletes Foundation's® (CAF) Operation Rebound® program is the premier sports and fitness program for American military personnel, veterans and first responders with permanent physical disabilities. It provides unparalleled opportunities to pursue active, athletic lifestyles by offering access to funding for equipment and training and competition expenses, Military Medical Center Physical Training (MMCPT) and sports clinics.
Operation Rebound supports those who have served honorably through:
Operation Rebound funds equipment, training and travel expenses that can help our injured troops and first responders to harness the healing power of sport – whether the goal is to win Paralympic gold or just run around the block.
Military Medical Center Physical Training (MMCPT):
Operation Rebound provides structured physical training program for active-duty service members recovering from permanent physical injuries at military medical centers. CAF works with resident prosthetists, recreational therapists, and medical hold unit commanders to provide opportunities for physical training that is in compliance with discrete rehabilitation programs and applicable military regulations.
Are held throughout the year at military medical centers and other locations in the community. Expert coaches and CAF elite athletes provide instruction and mentorship to introduce beginner athletes to a range of sports including bicycling, handcycling, running, swimming, basketball and other sports.
Challenged Athletes Foundation is proud to be rated 4 stars by Charity Navigator, the highest rating a charity can receive - due to transparency, fundraising efficiency, and growth. Learn more here.
HOW TO BECOME A FUNDRAISER
Becoming a Fundraiser or creating a fundraising team is easy. Just go to our CROWDRISE San Diego Triathlon Series page and click BECOME A FUNDRAISER. You can add your profile picture and tell your donors why you or your team are fundraising. Raise just $600 and get a free entry to ANY KOZ Event or San Diego GranFondo (raise $1000 for the 70.3 mile CVC San Diego Half). The more you raise the more free entries you can earn. Teams can work together to fundraise.
Example: John wanted to Race of a Reason this year for CAF - Operation Rebound. He set up a fundraiser on the San Diego Triathlon Series Crowdrise page, and he set his goal to $1000. He uses social media and email and asks his friends to help him reach his goal. John raises $1105, and chooses to get a FREE entry in the CVC San Diego Half Triathlon. A win for John and a Win for CAF - Operation Rebound.
Example: Carrie really wants to be awesome and raise enough money for CAF to buy a new Sports Wheelchair for Tim who lost his leg in Iraq, $5,000. She contacted her friends and set up a donation match with her employer. She raised $3000 and her company matched it for a total donation of $6,000! Wow way to go Carrie! She earned a FREE entry to ALL San Diego Triathlon Series events from KOZ and the San Diego GranFondo. Now Carrie will be racing for FREE all year!
Frequently Asked Questions - Fundraising
1. Can I raise money for a different charity and still get a free race? We appreciate that there are many wonderful causes out there, but to earn a free race with us you must be raising money for CAF - Operation Rebound.
2. How do I sign up - Click here to become a Fundraiser or start a Fundraising team.
3. What if I don't meet the minimum donation of $600 for a free race? We appreciate your efforts and you may continue to fundraise to earn a free entry in to one of our next events. You will need to pay the full entry price before you can race.
4. Team Fundraising- Working together can be fun and rewarding! Teams can work together to meet minimums to earn a free race, or blow your goals right out of the water! For every $600 raised a free entry for one team member is earned. ($1000 for The CVC San Diego Half Distance course.)
5. All Free Race entries must be used with in one year of being earned.
6. Which events do KOZ and GranFondo cycling put on are available for free entries?
Coronado Valentines Day 10K, 5K, Febuary www.valentinesday10K.com
Campagnolo GranFondo San Diego, April www.SDGranfondo.com
Spring Sprint Triathlon May SDTriSeries.com
Solana Beach Triathlon, July SDTriseries.com
Chula Vista Challenge Triathlon - CVC San Diego Half, August chulavistachallenge.com
Giro di San Diego GranFondo, Sept / Oct GirodiSanDiego.com
Xterra Mission Bay Triathlon, October SDTriSeries.com
Silver Strand Half Marathon and 5K, November KOZEvents.com